Friday, 9 November 2012

November Demonstration

Saturday 10th - Sue Slack
Venue: Christ Church Hall, Stockton Lane, York. YO31 1JG.
2pm -4pm Members Free - Guests £5

Subject: Landscape in Acrylic

Asked about her work, Sue says "My inspiration comes from the moorland landscape that surrounds me. I explore the theme of walking and sketching in order to make that fundamental connection to the land which I believe is vital to my work.  My current work takes a familiar location and explores different aspects of my emotional response to that place, attempting to harmonise what I see with my ambition to achieve expressive colours  ".

'We get along better if we collaborate with nature instead of trying to dominate it.'
(Buddhist Tenet)

You can find more about Sue's art at her own web site  http://www.sueslack.co.uk/

photograph (c) Sue Slack 2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment