Saturday, 9 February 2013

March Demonstration (revised date)

The next demonstration at Christchurch Hall features landscapes in oil by Carol Hill.

This is how Carol describes her art and career:

I learnt to paint whilst living in the Far East in the 1960's and it was there that my passion for painting began. I attended the art department in Hong Kong University under an American resident tutor who taught me oil painting for two years. The subjects were mainly landscape, still-life and portraiture as well as seascapes. I also studied Chinese painting with Professor Lau Ta Po for over a year. I gradually started to paint in watercolours and enjoyed the opportunity of being able to paint in both mediums.

I am a member of The Society of Women Artists, The Society of Floral Painters and a Member of The Royal Birmingham Society of Artists.


Further reading and samples of Carol's work can be found at her website
www.carolhillartist.com

Members should note that this now takes place on March 16th. This is a week later than the published programme due to availability of the venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment