Notan is essentially the breaking down of a picture into it's light and dark components. Notan may have
- simply black and white (two value Notan).
- black, white and grey (three value Notan)
- or black, white, light grey and dark grey (four value Notan).
Your Challenge for JuneFrom the following picture
- Produce 6 different Notan drawings.
- Crop the picture in any way you wish.
- Move elements to improve composition.
|The Reading Cafe in Rowntree Park, York|
email your results to email@example.com
Results will be posted in early July. If you decide to do a painting afterwards, send that in too.