Thursday, 14 August 2014

Julie Lightburn at Blossom Street Gallery


A successful day at Blossom Street Gallery last Saturday for Julie Lightburn, who has sent the following report and photos.


"I enjoyed conversing about art with friends, fellow artists, and people who'd popped in to see the exhibition ……… some had even come especially to see me!

Early morning visitors were a family on holiday from Essex who’d been disappointed to find the York Art Gallery closed for refurbishment but were delighted to have found via an internet search that I would be painting in the Blossom Street Gallery.  It was lovely chatting with a York University Student who had returned to the City from London to visit with her young family.  Having done a tour of the museums (and her old drinking haunts) they made it to gallery just in time for the end of my session.

I’m looking forward to painting in the gallery again on Saturday 23rd August, between 10.30am and 3pm "


No comments:

Post a Comment